Davson+Ward are highly regarded with producing high quality Bills of Quantities that are robust against contractual claims. By investing in a Davson+Ward prepared bill, it will add value to your project by achieving a better tender result, reducing contractor risk through a guaranteed bill and reductions in resource allocation to tendering. Our value adding is achieved through
– Preparation of a firm Bill of Quantities (BQ) in accordance with the latest AIQS Standard Method of Measurement.
– Trade Preambles – Our BQ trade preambles are of the highest standard, have been developed for over 50 years and are continually evolving to meet current construction systems. Our trade preambles provide a resilient safety net against contractor claims.
– BQ Descriptions – Our experienced team are all well versed in contract administration and constructability alike. The company team understand how contractual claims arise and as a result BQ item descriptions are written with clarity to ensure the contractor understands what is to be included within the item and there is no uncertainty.
– Independent auditing of contract documentation during the documentation phase, identifying potential deficiencies, coordination issues, anomalies and ambiguities. Feedback will be relayed to the design consultants to amend and improve documentation.
– Providing a mathematical and technical check of the builder’s tender & priced Bill of Quantities and reporting thereon.
– Bill of Quantities alternatives such as Abridged BQ, Provisional BQ’s, Trade Package BQ’s are available.